Could have been a love story…
Can someone please eulogize me like this? A look back at the creator of the Etch a Sketch… using an Etch a Sketch. #genuis
Clearly they did not take Barbri… #barexamproblems
New year, new shows. Now that it’s going to officially be 2014, it’s time to add some shows to the roster and kick some off. A friend of mine stars in a web series that is hilarious and endearing.
DIBS is a show starring Tracy Soren and Jessie Jolles. Season 1 premiered in 2013 and it was both funny and endearing. It will take you no time at all to catch up. You can binge watch here.
After you watch and fall in love, the next step is to help them create Season 2. Tracy and Jessie have turned to Seed and Spark to raise money for Season 2. With only 4 DAYS left, they can use your help getting to their goal!
For all you lovely Jews out there, we hope you have an easy fast! May the odds be ever in your favor… to hold out until sundown.
In honor of finals week (and the complete lack of time to actually write blogs and enjoy life) I’ve decided to let you all experience what it’s like to be in law school through various YouTube clips.
When a professor talks about the duties of the court:
When you are asked about the standard of review:
When you are giving an oral argument and the judge interrupts you to ask a question:
What you feel like when you’re studying for finals:
When you get a question right in class:
What clips describe your life in law school/grad school/etc?!
Toy Story is one of the best movies ever. It came out in 1995 and was the most impressive animated movie of it’s time. After 3 installments of the classic it looks like some genius decided to create a live action version of the film. If this isn’t magic, I don’t know what it. Watch and enjoy:
This was originally posted on Likeable Media’s blog.
It’s that time of year again where we get to write you letters and ask you for things. The past two years you have really pulled through and delivered some great additions to the social media industry. When I asked for more personalized Facebook pages, you gave me Timeline! When I asked for the next big thing, you gave me Pinterest! Now it’s a new year and I have new demands requests for you. Please make my wishes come true!
1. Bring Instagram back to Twitter! I can’t stand to see them fighting like this. Plus, it looks like I have no pictures on Twitter since you removed all my Instagrams.
2. Make Timeline searchable. Things get lost on timeline very easily, but wouldn’t it be great to have a search function to find things?! I know search isn’t Facebook’s sweet spot but maybe 2013 is the year!
3. Ability to “like” tweets. Yes, I asked for this last year… and the year before. Favoriting is not the same. Some tweets aren’t worthy of a favorite or a RT. Just a like.
4. Facebook Offers for small businesses. Why the 400 liker restriction? Small businesses want to reward their fans with exclusive deals too.
5. Increased Newsfeed visibility. Could you give your buddy Zuckerberg a call and give us back our newsfeed visibility? I very rarely complain about Facebook changes but this just makes it that much harder to get content seen, even when your content is stellar.
6. Give Myspace a chance. I am really rooting for Justin Timberlake. I have a new Myspace page myself and it really isn’t all that bad.
7. Ban politics or sports from being discussed on Facebook. Just kidding… but really.
8. Easy way to delete groups. Currently, you have to delete every member of the group before being given the option to delete the group. I understand the logic, but is this really the most efficient way of doing things?
9. Pinterest analytics please! I know there are free tools out there but I really want Insights for Pinterest. We already know that click through rates and purchases from Pinterest are real, but I need numbers!
10. Option to optimize. Uploading videos to Facebook as opposed to just sharing a link from YouTube has it’s advantages. However, I don’t get to select my freezeframe, optimize size, or anything. Give us some wiggle room here!
11.Group chat, come back! I miss the giant group chats. Bring them back!
12. Analytics… that are good… and FREE. I realize I am asking a lot here. I want to be able to compare my brand to other brands and do a deep dive into click through, engagement, and ads. Let me know what you can do here…
Alright Santa… work your magic! And just in case, send this over to Hannukah Harry too (I want to make sure I’m covered!).
S.W.A.T. (Sealed with a tweet!)Cara Friedman and the Likeable team!
What would you wish for from Social Media Santa? If you agree (or disagree) post your favorite numbers in the comments!
Click here to see my wishlists for 2011 and 2012.
Anyone with a pulse knows that The Dark Knight Rises is the biggest movie since…. well, The Dark Knight. With anyone popular movie comes lots of fun parodies. This one caught my eye considering how much I love Disney movies. It’s so accurate, it’s crazy.
This was originally posted on Likeable Media’s blog.
One question I hear over and over again in the social media industry is, “how do I make a viral video?” As defined by a reliable source (Wikipedia), “a viral video is one that becomes popular through the process of Internet sharing, typically through video sharing websites, social media, and email. Well that sounds easy! I have done some serious research on this topic and have found a fool proof formula to making a “viral video.” Behold the mysteries of the Internet!
1. Get an animal. Preferably a cat but you could definitely use a dog or bunny. In fact, if you can find an exotic animal like a monkey, giraffe, or hedgehog, it would be even more likely that your video will go viral.
2. Make sure your animal has a talent. Does your cat play the guitar? Does he dance the Macarena? The more talented the better. If your pet is circus-worthy you are on the right track.
3. No talents? Well is your pet funny? Sometimes being humorous can work even better than being a freakily talented pet.
4. Use (or borrow) a young child in your video. Kids say the darndest things and people just can’t get enough of them! Exploit your children! Warning: They may get angry about this when they are old enough to understand.
5. No kids? No pets? Be famous. When your famous any video you post goes viral. All you need to do is smile and wave. Maybe even lip sync.
6. Try to be famous. Okay okay… you’re right. Suggesting that you should “be famous” is just ridiculous. You can however try to be famous! You don’t even need talent!
7. Autotune yourself. After watching the previous video you may be thinking, “isn’t this the same thing?” Believe it or not, you can autotune yourself doing anything! You don’t even need a music video.
8. Last but not least… Stop trying to make a viral video. Yes folks, we have reached the moral of the story. There IS no equation for creating a viral video.
Videos that “go viral” are more often than not accidental! Creating a video with the intent of it going viral is bound to fail. Rather than having a goal of “going viral” you should have a goal of “being valuable.” Create content that is valuable, entertaining, and informative. Share things you love and think other people will benefit from. That’s what will make your content go viral. That’s what people want to share. Whether or not that content contains a child or talented animal is just coincidence.
Have no fear because this is not an impossible task. Brands have achieved viral status before without trying so hard. Here’s one of my favorites:
Why do you share viral videos? Share your thoughts below and apply your learnings to your future content!
Follow me @Caraizzle!