I’ll call you from the payphone when I need to be picked up… #serial
Definitely on the naughty list.
See all 22 in the original Buzzfeed post here.
One day a year in cities all around the world, Santas roam the streets for a day of fun and drinking. While dressing as Saint Nick himself is the popular choice, here are some costumes that will make sure you stand out.
See all 31 pictures in the original Buzzfeed post here.
This week’s epic movie quote is inspired by the holidays. I love a good Christmas movie just as much as the next and this one is purely epic. Not to mention it is on for 24 hours straight every Christmas. Take a look!
What’s your favorite movie quote? Share below with a clip and it will be featured in an upcoming blog!
This was originally posted on Likeable Media’s blog.
It’s that time of year again where we get to write you letters and ask you for things. The past two years you have really pulled through and delivered some great additions to the social media industry. When I asked for more personalized Facebook pages, you gave me Timeline! When I asked for the next big thing, you gave me Pinterest! Now it’s a new year and I have new demands requests for you. Please make my wishes come true!
1. Bring Instagram back to Twitter! I can’t stand to see them fighting like this. Plus, it looks like I have no pictures on Twitter since you removed all my Instagrams.
2. Make Timeline searchable. Things get lost on timeline very easily, but wouldn’t it be great to have a search function to find things?! I know search isn’t Facebook’s sweet spot but maybe 2013 is the year!
3. Ability to “like” tweets. Yes, I asked for this last year… and the year before. Favoriting is not the same. Some tweets aren’t worthy of a favorite or a RT. Just a like.
4. Facebook Offers for small businesses. Why the 400 liker restriction? Small businesses want to reward their fans with exclusive deals too.
5. Increased Newsfeed visibility. Could you give your buddy Zuckerberg a call and give us back our newsfeed visibility? I very rarely complain about Facebook changes but this just makes it that much harder to get content seen, even when your content is stellar.
6. Give Myspace a chance. I am really rooting for Justin Timberlake. I have a new Myspace page myself and it really isn’t all that bad.
7. Ban politics or sports from being discussed on Facebook. Just kidding… but really.
8. Easy way to delete groups. Currently, you have to delete every member of the group before being given the option to delete the group. I understand the logic, but is this really the most efficient way of doing things?
9. Pinterest analytics please! I know there are free tools out there but I really want Insights for Pinterest. We already know that click through rates and purchases from Pinterest are real, but I need numbers!
10. Option to optimize. Uploading videos to Facebook as opposed to just sharing a link from YouTube has it’s advantages. However, I don’t get to select my freezeframe, optimize size, or anything. Give us some wiggle room here!
11.Group chat, come back! I miss the giant group chats. Bring them back!
12. Analytics… that are good… and FREE. I realize I am asking a lot here. I want to be able to compare my brand to other brands and do a deep dive into click through, engagement, and ads. Let me know what you can do here…
Alright Santa… work your magic! And just in case, send this over to Hannukah Harry too (I want to make sure I’m covered!).
S.W.A.T. (Sealed with a tweet!)Cara Friedman and the Likeable team!
What would you wish for from Social Media Santa? If you agree (or disagree) post your favorite numbers in the comments!
Click here to see my wishlists for 2011 and 2012.
Originally posted on Likeable Media’s blog.
Dear Santa (or Hannukah Harry depending on your beliefs),
It’s that time of year again. Thanksgiving is over and everyone is in the holiday spirit. As I start to make my wish list, there’s a few things the social media world would be happy to have. Last year you were able to deliver some things from my list such as stronger conversation features for tweets and a more personalized Facebook profile. This year, I’m back with more requests so let’s see if you will deliver
1. Add the ‘like’ button to emails. People receive millions of emails everyday and the only thing more annoying then receiving a ton of emails, are receiving emails that say “thanks” or “okay.” If we could ‘like’ the email, then the other person knows you have read it and you are good to go!
2. Foursquare should tell you how far away you are from receiving badges. The latest Foursquare features allow you to level up on select badges. In those cases, you can see how many check-ins away you are to the next level. However, for the majority of badges, they always come as a complete surprise. I want to know how many more yoga classes I need to attend before I get the Downward Facing Dog badge!
3. Uploading documents to Facebook groups. Facebook groups has become an excellent tool for internal communication in organizations. You can post docs, pictures, questions and more. The one thing you can’t do is upload documents or PowerPoints. To really make this tool unstoppable, uploading documents would really help!
4. Ability to ‘like’ a tweet! I know, I asked for his last year BUT I really want it!!! Everyone else lets you ‘like’ things, so why can’t Twitter?! Some things aren’t RT or favorite-worthy but may be worthy of a like. C’mon Twitter! Catch up!
5. Allow multiple admins on Google+ pages. Facebook pages will dominate until this happens. Communities are almost never managed by just one person so in order for Google+ pages to be functional, they need to add the option of multiple admins.
6. Chance to edit posts on Facebook after you’ve published them. This wish was sort of granted, but only if you are really quick! If you post something and delete it seconds after, you will get the chance to edit it. However, on Google+ you can edit you post at any time. That is a future of posts so I hope Facebook adopts this!
7. Option to unlike a bunch of pages on Facebook at once. Sometimes you want to purge through your friends or followers and get rid of the people you don’t know. The same goes for pages. You may have gone ‘like’ crazy one day and liked a lot of pages that are now just clouding up your news feed. I think this is one wish that would make marketers and community managers very upset about!
8. Analytics for Google+. It seems obvious since there is already a Google Analytics. Why not just combine the two and then we can show some results and ROI from the platform?
9. Ability to post pictures on comments. Currently, you can post a link to a picture on a comment and then in the preview that picture may (or may not) show up. Comments on posts could be much more valuable if there was an option to upload a picture. And besides, a picture is worth a thousand likes! (I think that’s how the saying goes…)
10. Easier sharing with your Amazon wishlist. It is holiday time and I have been adding things to my Amazon wishlist so I don’t forget about my must-haves this year. Unfortunately, nobody will ever see them! Sure I can tweet out the whole list, but that looks needy. Amazon, will you please add more sharing capabilities to your wishlist so I can tweet every time I add something?
11. We want Google+ Vanity URLs! Sure, there are G+ personalized short links you can use, but we want the ability to reserve a vanity URL for our brand or page. Not that we are so concerned with finding the page (since Google will not make it hard for you to find your G+ page) but it would be nice to have a quick, direct link for pages.
12. People to start using Google+ on a regular basis. I am making all these wished for Google+ but what I really want is for people to start actually using the platform! It is lonely on there. As much as I add people to my circles, I still don’t get continuous posts like I would on Facebook or Twitter.
I hope this isn’t too much to ask! These wishes and requests are to try and make the social media world a better place. Thanks in advance Santa!
What’s on your social media wishlist this year? Share them below in the comments!
Follow me @Caraizzle!
Christmas came early this year. I stumbled upon this video from the Elvis Duran Show website and died a little inside. Not only is All I Want For Christmas one of the best Christmas songs of all time, but adding the tiny sensation that is the Biebs is just icing on the cake. Even a Jewish girl from Queens like me can appreciate this masterpiece. Watch and enjoy!