Boy has this been a crazy summer. Between vacations, movies in the park, shows, wine tastings, concerts, etc.I just don’t want it to end! For some reason, we have this idea in our head that we can only do fun things when the weather is nice. True, you can’t hangout at rooftop bars or in parks or at the beach when it’s cold out. But this doesn’t mean we have to be boring now that summer is coming to a close. Check out all the fun things coming up in the next few months!
1. Broadway Week. 2 for 1 tickets? Yes please! I saw a new show, First Date, with some friends. With prices like that, who knows what else I’ll see!
2. Halloween. Best. Holiday. Ever. You better get your costumes ready to go because this will be creeping up on you sooner than you know.
3. Oscars Season. Ahhh the most wonderful time of the year! Okay, so we are done with the summer blockbusters, but soon all the serious movies will be coming out and we can get our Oscars pools ready.
4. Festivals/Fairs. Apple picking! Renaissance fairs! Pumpkin patched! Get excited people… there’s more to fall than your pumpkin spice lattes.
Bonus: Living Social Events. This site is always chock-full-of events and cool things to do. I often peruse the site to get cool ideas of what to do next!
What are you doing to enjoy the fall?
I saw this incredible broadway show, The Last 5 Years, and just cannot stop thinking about it. The story follows a couple, Jamie and Cathy, and their five year journey. Sadly, the show is ending its run but there will be a movie adaptation (starring Anna Kendrick!). Of all the people I’ve spoken to about the show, there seem to be pretty different opinions about what went down in this relationship. The question is, are you Team Jamie or Team Cathy? Spoilers below if you don’t want to know about this story!
So the gist of the story follows the crumbling relationship of this couple, however both characters start on opposite ends of time. The show begins with Cathy in the present, devastated that their 5 year relationship is over and Jamie just meeting Cathy pretty much falling in love at first sight. They meet in the middle and get married and the show ends with Jamie leaving Cathy while Cathy is excited just after their first date. Frankly, I see both sides. I see how some people blame Cathy for the demise of this relationship and vice versa.
Cathy was super jealous. You see her overreacting and being jealous about other women that Jamie works with. You also see her not really trying like when she refuses to come to Jamie’s book party. It was Cathy who suggested moving in together in the first place and it all happened super quick. Cathy chose the rough career path of acting and she was struggling. She was never able to get over that Jamie was super successful while she wasn’t. One of the main things Jamie says that really makes you sympathize with him is when he tells her, “I’m not going to fail because you can’t win.” If Cathy was a little more supportive they could have made it work.
It took Jamie all of one song to be less than excited about being married. Immediately after the wedding he began looking at other women and fueling Cathy’s jealousy. Sure, he called her and said all the right things but his heart wasn’t in it. It makes you wonder whether he was ever really into it. He admits that it was all moving a little too fast and that maybe they should slow down but he never let’s Cathy know that everything isn’t perfect until it’s too late. He leaves her on her birthday. He cheats on her. He cares only about his own career. And then he leaves her.
Okay fine. I’m clearly Team Cathy. Overall, the show was beautifully tragic. The music was amazing, the comedy was there, but it was an emotional roller coaster.
Did you see the show? Who’s side are you on?
Aaand we’re back again because the creepy men of the Internet never sleep! Here’s another look at what goes on when using OKCupid. Some of these are mine and others from friends. This just proved that there is no shortage of OKCreepers. Yes these are real. Yes I’m hiding usernames to try to be nice. No, we didn’t message these men back. To see more OKCreeper click here.
I guess I should give you points for being forward but something tell me that you are not going to win anyone over with a date at White Castle.
Ever heard of Ashley Madison
dude?! That’s where you need to be, not on OKCupid. No. I do not want to help you cheat on your wife with a “discreet relationship.” And the fact that you are old enough to be my dad isn’t helping either.
I’m glad you enjoyed my profile enough to message me but don’t you think you’re going out on a limb by asking some person you have never met to your office holiday party at one of the most expensive Broadway shows? Yes, I would love to see Wicked but I’d prefer if you weren’t there.
Is this a compliment? I think so…. but I can’t tell through all the talk of apocalypses and leprosy babies. Sorry dude, you lost me at nuclear.
Now you are trying to guilt me into responding?! Do you think that I will be up all night tossing and turning because I didn’t respond? Nice try…
Have you done online dating? Any funny stories to share?
HELLO daylight saving’s time. Summer is right around the corner and it’s time to make my first ever summer bucket list. Going to start working on these now-ish and hope to accomplish them all before labor day. All are welcome to join me in my adventures to make this the best summer ever.
- See a live RISK show
- Take one artsy class (painting, photography, or graphic design)
- Take three tap classes
- Take at least one outdoor yoga class
- Finish the Spartan Race without dying
- Go to a concert
- Spend a long weekend at the beach
- Learn to make the perfect sangria
- Have a summer fling
- Feel confident in a bikni
- Eat lunch outside once a week
- Take a walk on my lunch break everyday
- Learn to ride a bike (someone please help me out here)
- Run outside one day a week
- Make one new friend in the neighborhood
- Take one vacation outside of the tri-state area
- Do something completely spontaneous and out of my comfort zone
- Get rush tickets for a Broadway show
- Spend one Sunday at the Central Park Zoo. Eat icecream and a city pretzel.
- PS1 Warm Up
- Shakespeare in the Park
- Walk the Brooklyn bridge (I’ve lived here my whole life and never have)
- Find out what’s on Governor’s Island
- Haggle and buy something at the Brooklyn flea
- Visit Ellis Island
- Play on a swing set
- Have a picnic
More to come and I’m definitely open for adventures this summer so tweet me if you wanna do something awesome!