I am nowhere near ready for a proposal. At all. But while most girls dream about the perfect wedding, I have thought long and hard about the perfect proposal. Throughout this process I have thought about 6 ways I definitely do NOT want to be proposed to. Like, if someone did one of these, I might say no even if they were my soulmate.
1. Putting the ring in my food/dessert – I will eat it, choke, and hate you. I don’t want to wear a ring that has once been in my mouth and stuck in my windpipe.
2. On an airplane – If we are going on some romantic vacation and you want to kick it off with a huge proposal on a plane..think again. I hate flying and will be too drugged up on klonopin to even comprehend what’s going on.
3. At someone else’s wedding or party – Do not steal anyone’s thunder. It’s rude and unromantic. I will be mortified.
4. With a singing flashmob kinda thing – Unless you re-united every member of *NSync to do this with you, I don’t want it. It’s overdone and unoriginal.
5. On a jumbo-tron at a sporting event – You seriously must not know me at all if you’d think I’d appreciate any part of this. No. Just… no.
6. On Facebook – If you suddenly changed your relationship status to engaged without asking, I’d end it right then and there. However, tweeting a proposal at me might be kinda cool. I’m open to it.
What is your worst nightmare proposal? What is your dream proposal? Share below!