As I sit and type this blog, I have my iPhone sitting in my lap and my browser open with 8 tabs all consisting of social media. I can’t help but reflect back to my childhood days before the Internets was a real thing. Or just some rumor floating about that I couldn’t understand. Life was simple back then and it was those simple things that I enjoyed and those moments that I will never forget. Kids these days, or even worse, MY kids 10 years from now, will never be able to experience these joys.
- After a 2 hours wait on line for a new boy band CD release, running home and playing it for the first time on a boombox.
- Falling in “love” for the first time and making their “boyfriend” a mix tape off songs from the radio.
- Suddenly not having to stand a foot away from the phone connected to a wire to the wall aka experiencing the cordless phone for the first time!
- Writing in a journal, by HAND!
- Seeing how their pictures from a month ago came out from their disposable camera.
- Completing the Oregon Trail for the first time.
- Finding out which musical guest star will be on All That.
- Beating all their friends in Mario Kart.
- Feeling accomplished for not breaking their Skip-It a week after they bought it.
- Unwrapping Barbie’s Dream House for Christmas.
What do you wish your children would be able to experience, but wont because of today’s technology?
Follow me @donk2!